Here are some of our favourite ideas for creative headboards you can make yourself. Recycled or throw away pieces can become lovely headboards for a fraction of the price of one in the shops.
1. By using tongue and groove wood from old floorboards or wall coverings, you could
create a dramatic effect by continuing the pattern above the bed, on the ceiling.
2. Using old book covers is a cheap and cheerful alternative and ideal for bookworms.
3. Putting a shelf above the bed gives you the opportunity to display all
your favourite items and is an ideal space-saving solution.
4. A pair of old shutters placed behind the bed, give a lovely peaceful feel to the room.
5. For a rustic and beach feel use a selection of old oars to create a headboard.
6. Hanging some 3D art just above your bed creates a lovely artwork and headboard.